Saturday, April 28, 2012

Money Saving Tip #5


  • Spend your grocery money wisely. My sister and I budget $110 per week for groceries at Meijer. We also spend $26 per week on prescription dog food. I cook dinner four times per week and we usually go out to eat on the weekends. Only buy groceries that you know you will use. Someone I know (who shall remain nameless) likes to buy several random ingredients for recipes she never actually cooks. I prefer to only buy what we need for the upcoming week. I don’t believe we should stock up on a $13 package of paper towels when we can buy a 2-pack for $3 and get by for a few weeks on that. Some people like to go to Sam’s Club and stock up and that’s great if that works for them. I just don’t prefer that. I usually grocery shop on Friday or Saturday. We always get a Meijer ad and make a shopping list. If an item is not on the list then I don’t buy it, simple as that. We do use coupons but we’re not fanatical about them. I won’t buy two $6 products just to get $0.20 off. To me that’s stupid.

No comments: